As traders, we strive for seamless trading experiences, but occasionally we encounter bumps along the road. One such instance is facing issues with order placement. If you’re struggling with placing orders, the problem typically falls within one of two main scenarios:
- Tickerly is Not Responding: In this situation, you’ve sent an alert, but Tickerly hasn’t responded, and no order has been placed.
- Exchange Order Rejection: Here, Tickerly processes your alert, but the exchange you’re trading on rejects the order. See what the different reject errors mean here
Both scenarios can be confusing and frustrating. However, the good news is, we’re here to help. We’ve prepared a detailed guide to help you understand and navigate these two common issues. Each section will focus on one of these situations, providing you with insights on why these problems might occur and offering practical solutions to get your trading back on track. Let’s dive in!
Why Tickerly Isn’t Responding to an Alert
- Flawed Alert Structure: It’s critical to ensure your alert message is structurally sound. Look out for the green checkmark in the alert message box to confirm this. Moreover, make sure the placeholders in your message match exactly the way they’re supposed to be written. For specifications, refer to the alert guides on the Tickerly site.
- Missing Mandatory Elements: Your alert may not be working because it lacks some key components. Make sure your alert message includes the order size, ticker, action, and pointer. These elements are crucial for successful operation.
- Webhook Alerts Not Enabled in TradingView: Forgetting to enable webhook alerts is a common oversight. Ensure that you’ve enabled webhook alerts to the Tickerly alert processing server for your alerts to be processed and orders to be placed.
Remember, learning any new system can come with a few bumps in the road. It’s essential to be patient and thorough when setting up your alerts.
Understanding Exchange Rejections: Why Your Order Might Not Be Placed
At times, even when you’ve done everything right on Tickerly, your order may still fail to place due to a rejection from the exchange. But don’t worry, Tickerly won’t leave you in the dark. We’ll send you an error message via email to help you identify what went wrong. You can find a list of error messages and what they mean here, but let’s go through some of the most common issues:
- Insufficient Funds: One of the most common reasons for order rejection is not having enough funds in your account to execute the trade. Ensure that you have sufficient balance for the order you are trying to place.
- API Configuration Issues: Your API settings are vital for placing orders. If you have a configuration problem with your API, it might prevent the exchange from processing your order. Review your API keys to ensure they are correctly registered on Tickerly.
- Invalid Ticker: The ticker symbol you’re attempting to trade must be available on the exchange. If you’ve misspelled the ticker or the exchange doesn’t offer it for trade, your order will be rejected. Always double-check the ticker symbols before placing an order.
- Incorrect Hedge Mode: If you’re sending alerts designed for the wrong hedge mode, your order may not be processed. Standard alerts are designed for one-way mode. If you have hedge mode alerts enabled, you must use a specific alert message structure.
- Order Size Issues: The order size you’re trying to place might be too small or too large for the exchange’s limits for the specific ticker. Always check the exchange’s minimum and maximum order size rules for each ticker before placing an order.
Remember, trading involves a significant amount of precision and attention to detail. Understanding these common issues can help you avoid them and ensure your orders go through smoothly.
Getting Help: Reach out to us!
Sometimes, even with all the resources and guides, you might find yourself stuck, or you may simply have a question or concern that hasn’t been addressed yet. Do not worry, we are always here to help!
Discord Community: Our active Discord community is a great place to seek help. It is filled with experienced Tickerly users and our support team who are ready and eager to assist you. It’s also a wonderful platform to discuss trading strategies, ask questions, share insights, or just chat with fellow traders.
Contact Form: Alternatively, you can reach out to us directly through the contact form on our website. Simply fill out the form, detailing your issue or query, and our dedicated support team will get back to you promptly. We aim to resolve any issues as quickly as possible, ensuring your trading journey remains as smooth as possible.
Remember, no question is too small or trivial. If you’re experiencing difficulty, chances are someone else has faced the same issue. Your inquiries help us continuously improve our platform and service. So don’t hesitate, reach out to us anytime. We’re here to support your trading journey.
As a final note, we highly recommend you familiarize yourself with the resources available on the Tickerly website. There’s a wealth of information available to assist you, including YouTube videos on how to set alerts correctly. These resources are designed to help you make the most out of Tickerly and enhance your trading experience. Happy trading!